You can’t call yourself a welder in Poland without this exam. Test confirming the qualification of a welder in Poland. Most Polish employers require a welder’s certificate that confirms your qualification. Simply, diploma is not enough for them. For every welder in Poland it is obligatory to pass certification. Without it you won’t get a job.
After reading of this article, you will learn:
– Why do employers require these certificates?
– What are the certificates confirming the qualification of a welder in Poland? Mainly, which of these are really important and what are useless?
– What are the rules in Poland?
– By what types of welds are testing a welder’s skills?
After reading of this article, you will know how you can get a high-paying job as a welder in Poland.
Everything is obvious. Thanks to strict quality control and certificates you can:
– Be confident in the certification of welding personnel.
– Providing high quality products.
– Improving staff skills.
– Compliance with relevant directives and standards, for example, the standard EN ISO 3834
– Active prevention of accidents.
The certification center is accredited:
Polish Center for Accreditation (PCA).
European Federation of Education (EWF).
International Institute of Welding (IIW).
In different forums, Polish welders complain that they cannot find a job with an IS certificate. Here is one of the comments:
„ Witam! Znam ten problem z certyfikatami IS ponieważ posiadam właśnie takie na metodę 111,141 i 311.Szukałem pracy 5 miesięcy iz tymi certyfikatami okazało się to niemożliwe…”
(Translation: Hello! I know this problem with IS certificates because I have such methods 111,141 and 311. I have been looking for a job for 5 months, and with these certificates it turned
out to be impossible…)
The problem is that now mainly international certificates are listed, because, basically, manufactured products and services are provided for export.
Nonetheless, these are conjectures of people. In theory an IS certificate fits international requirements. And in practice the role of market takes the main part, because organizations that issuing certificates are not doing it for free. Nowadays competition has become a real war…
The Person Certification Body, UDT-CERT (JCO UDT-CERT), offers certification of persons, in accordance with the certification process, in the field of welding supervision.
Certification of persons that are controlling welding production operations, as well as all actions related to welding in accordance with PN-EN ISO 14731: 2008 “Welding control – tasks and responsibilities”.
This certificate is important for 5 years.
Test confirming the qualification of a welder in Poland. The examination for this certificate consists of 3 parts:
You have 90 minutes. The possibility of using training materials in the field of supervision and control of welding and standards is allowed.
The time is 90 minutes. The possibility of using training materials in the field of supervision and control of welding and standards is allowed.
1. Rules for choosing the welding method.
2. Types of joints and welds; their designation in the drawings.
3. Welding positions.
4. Basic materials, their properties and weldability.
5. Preparation of the joint for welding.
6. Additional materials for welding – characteristics, composition, marking, selection.
7. Inconsistencies (disadvantages) of welding – types, causes, prevention.
8. Methods of quality control of welded joints.
9. Welding stresses and deformations.
10. Assessment and certification of welders in the UDT certification system.
11. Welding methods – characteristics, purpose, application.
12. Equipment for welding – construction, operation, maintenance.
13. Welding technology WPS, parameters, heating, welding procedure, heat treatment.
14. Principles of work in the repair of welded joints.
15. Welding safety is a danger to the welder and the environment.
The time is 60 minutes. Ban on the use of auxiliary materials.
This certificate is positioned as the most proven, highest quality, which follows high standards. Most of our clients (employers who are looking for welders), require certificates from this organization.
This certificate is important for 3 years and is very popular in Germany.
But there are other certificates. For example, in Norway, employers primarily employ welders with a DNV certificate (Det Norske Veritas), and in Britain – GL (Genfer Lloyd). Perhaps, later we will write more about these certificates.
– The first is PN-EN 287-1: 2007 Steel.
– The second is PN-EN 9606-2 Aluminum and aluminum alloys.
– And The third is PN-EN 9606-3 Copper and copper alloys.
– The fourth is PN-EN 9606-4 Nickel and nickel alloys.
– Also The fifth is PN-EN 9606-5 Titanium and titanium alloys, zirconium and zirconium alloys.
In most cases, by not all of the types the skills are tested. It depends on the required rate. When you are taking a test, be ready to check the type of compounds such as:
– bs welding is two-sided;
– ss welding unilateral;
– nb welding without lining;
– mb lined welding;
– sl single-sided welding (only for inguinal stitches);
– ml multitrack welding (only for inguinal stitches);
– rw welding method in the right (only for method 311);
– lw welding technique to the left (only for fillet welds).
Most employers who offer high rates have high requirements. They need to arrange a test confirming the qualification of a welder in Poland. Unreasonably to spend money and time for finding of a job, where the rate is 20-30 zł per hour if you are not confident in your abilities.
Just contact us. We have been employing specialists in Poland for more than 10 years. Also we have a lot of experience and a large selection of job vacancies in Poland for a welder. We will talk with you and offer vacancies. We’ll help you make the certificate in a short time by conducting a qualification test in a certified center.
Write to mail email@example.com in the subject field: “I am a welder and I am looking for work in Poland”. Or you can fill in the quick questionnaire and we will contact with you. Click to open the profile .
See also our published job offers for a welder in Poland.
Here is video-example of the test on YouTube .
Author of the article
The minimum salary in Poland in 2019. Employers are crying and the employees are happy!
Vander Elst visa or work in Germany and the EU through Poland
You haven’t been paid a salary in Poland?That’s what you have to do to get your money.
Looking for a new job? Don’t you know how to work in Poland according to your qualification?
Do you want to find a suitable job in Poland under your qualification? Don’t work as an unskilled worker. We advise you to fill out this form. As soon as we have a vacancy corresponding to your requirements and qualifications, we will contact you immediately.
Finally, we provide new vacancies first of all to people who will fill in this questionnaire.