Foreigners in Poland from 2017-2018 (in numbers).
“There are too many foreigners already! And there is nobody to leave” – this is not true. The wave of immigration of foreigners to Poland still is developing and picking up turns. Polish economy acutely needs new workers hands, is attractive for foreigners all around the world. Last year brought a lot of changes in this region.
Poles already accustomed to the fact that among foreigners that are working in Poland most of them are citizens Ukraine. It’s a huge number – about 90% of the foreigners working in our country.
Inflow of employees from the Dnieper not so dynamic as it was in 2014-2017. Although, the needs of Polish employers on workers have been significantly grown in recent years. From here we more and more often see employees from Asia on construction sites and production sites. This trend is reflected in the statistics of the permits on work and permits on temporary accommodation.
Temporary residence permit – Foreigners in Poland from 2017-2018
1. It has been throughout foreigners to Poland till the end of August of 2018. More than 195 thousand of applications on a right for temporary stay. From this amount the biggest part was sent in 2017 (159 thousand).
We make a special list to show the most common trends of «foreigners flew».
• Ukraine – 132 695 – that is 67.6% of all submitted applications.
• Belarus – 13 272 – that is 6.8% of all submitted applications.
• India – 7 462 – that is 3.8% of all submitted applications.
• Vietnam – 7,177 – that is 3.6% of all submitted applications.
• Russia – 4,786 – that is 2.5% of all submitted applications.
• Georgia – 1,906 – that is 1% of all submitted applications.
• Nepal – 1 161 – that is 0.6% of all submitted applications.
• Bangladesh – 1047 – that is 0.5% of all submitted applications.
• others countries – 26 400, that is 13.6% of all submitted applications.
2. Most part of statements were filed in Mazowieckie voivodeship, more than 65 thousand, that is 33% of all submitted applications on residence in the country.
On subsequent places were:
1. Greater Poland voivodship – 19 032, that is 9.7% of all applications submitted through the country.
2. Lesser Poland Silesia – 18,816 terminals – 9.6% of all applications submitted through the country.
3. The Lower Silesian Silesia – 13,802 terminals – 7% of all applications submitted through the country.
4. The Seleic Silesia – 12,924 terminals – 6.6% of all applications submitted through the country.
5. Lesser Poland Silesia – 18,816 terminals – 9.6% of all applications submitted through the country.
3. The dominant type permit, for which the claimed foreigners in this year, was a resolution on temporary stay. Almost 195 thousand of applications has been gone throughout the country that (54%). It was a huge paper work of provincial agencies that released 365 thousand decisions regarding foreigners in total.
The following numbers are:
• registration of a stay by a citizen of the EU – 71 989 – that is 19.7% of all ongoing cases;
• constant accommodation – 66 651 requests (about Polish origin), then there are 18% of all ongoing cases;
• residence on long-term stay by the EU resident – 12,780 – that is 3.5% of all ongoing cases;
• residency by a citizen of the EU – 8,151 – it is 2.2% of all ongoing cases.
4. Among applicants on stay in Poland prevail young people up to 39 years (74.8% of all applicants). Basically, from applied 62% are men.
Work permit (any type) – Foreigners in Poland from 2017-2018
Because of large demand on workers from Asia’s region, permissions on the work are recruiting popularity.
In this category of permits for work are occurred by highly large changes. It is due to the popularity of new recruiting directions of Polish enterprises. Popularity of employees from Asia in 2018 clearly jumped up the statistics. The number of permits on work of foreigners exceeded for about 148 thousand. And this is only in the 1/4 of 2018. Mostly, it was issued from citizens of such countries like:
• Ukraine – 110 thousand of permits, which is more than 74% of all of permissions.
• Nepal – 9.2 thousand of permits, which is more than 6.2% of all of permissions (the largest dynamics growth relatively previous years).
• Belarus – 8,2 thousand of permits, which is more than 5.5% of all of permissions.
• India – 3.7 thousand of permits, which is more than 2.5% of all of permissions.
• Bangladesh – 2.8 thousand of permits, which is more than 1.8% of all of the permissions.
• others countries – 14.1 thousand of permits, which is more than 9.5% of all of permissions.
Unfortunately, but behind of these number of the permits on the work for Asians don’t go with enlargement quantities of the visas for citizens of these countries. It is because the lack of training of Polish diplomatic institutions in India. More about this problem we wrote here.
The articles of Polish newspapers like “A lot of Nepalis come to Poland” are false. Citizens of Nepal yet won’t be sufficed quantity for a sometime.
The number of permits on the work don’t mean that all arrivals will work in Poland.
If we speak about situation with Ukraine, it’s completely different. In 80-90% of most issued cases permits on the work are granted of workers from Ukraine to work in Poland.
At that time as for citizens of Nepal, Bangladesh and India is only 5-10%. The reason of such disparities is an inefficiency consular system on demand of this applications for work. Thus, statistics is false, and articles about «Nepalese come» not corresponds to reality. Why? Because of highly small quantities of the visas for people of Asia’s region.
Proof of these words is a fact that among citizens of Nepal, India, Bangladesh we won’t find many applications on temporary stay and work.
Why? Not because what in Poland there aren’t any of them. There is a huge amount of illegally arrived foreigners. And only legal arrival can file statement on temporary stay and work.
It would be good if it were similar proportions for both: Ukraine’s and India’s region workers. In real the difference is up on 10 more chances for Ukrainian to get a job in Poland. It shows a real problem with hiring of employees from region of Asia in Poland.
Foreigners in Poland from 2017-2018. Polish labor market hasn’t yet been oversaturated by foreigners.
In general, the quantity of issued permits on work and permits on temporary stay is being dynamically grown. But this is not a satisfactory quantity for businessmen who ready to hire much more people.
The way of solvation of this problem could be employees from region of Asia. However, now it is time to say that this option is an insufficient. Also, now it occurs one natural question – where and how look for working force? Don’t forget about dynamic deployment of Polish economy – today working force for employers is on the weight of gold!
Article compiled on basis of data:
Author of the article: “Legalization of a stay and work for foreigners in the 2017-2018 (in numbers)” – Michal Solecki.
Translator – Vladimir Slipets.
Looking for a new job? Don’t you know how to work in Poland according to your qualification?
Do you want to find a suitable job in Poland under your qualification? Don’t work as an unskilled worker. We advise you to fill out this form. As soon as we have a vacancy corresponding to your requirements and qualifications, we will contact you immediately.
We provide new vacancies first of all to people who will fill in this questionnaire.
18 September 2018
Commitment a foreigner to return or so-called deportation from Poland
People propose that in future more and more often will appear situations, in particular, related to illegal stay of foreigners on territories of Poland. In different situations and by different reasons, the certain consequences are followed with them. For example, a foreigner may be given ban on entry to Poland up to 3 - 5 years. What can lead to this? Read this article to don’t screw it up.